Instructions before eyelid surgery
· Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled surgery.
· Take your medication as usual.
· Take all your normally-prescribed medication as usual, except for the one that need to be stopped as precribed by the doctor.
· No anti-inflammatory medication such as Advil, Ibuprofen and Montrin, no natural product such as Vitamine E or glucosamine 2 weeks before the operation. These products thin your blood and can cause undesired bleeding during the surgery.
· Tylenol is permitted.
· Please advice the Clinique O staff of any allergy such as latex, kiwis or strawberries.
· You must be accompanied on your way back home. You cannot drive your car back home after your surgery.
· You will have a follow up appointment with the specialist 1 to 2 weeks after your surgery.
The day before or day of the surgery:
· Wash your hair.
· Do not apply any cream on your face.
· Remove all make up and nail polish.
· Remove all jewellery.
· If you have fake eyelashes, they might fall faster after the disinfections of the eyelids.
· Eat a light breakfast the morning of your surgery.
· Please remove contact lenses 1 day before the surgery.